2017 Yangon Property Market Predictions
27 Jan 2017 – Colliers Myanmar released ten 2017 Yangon property market predictions earlier this week, covering a wide range of property categories from apartments and condos, to hotels, warehouses and malls. They even mention the market seeing a true long-term mortgage for local owners (which would be fantastic).
In short, expect condo rental rates to continue dropping, look for more and cheaper international hotels, and you should have plenty of new indoor shopping options this rainy season. You may be sharing that elevator ride to work with a recently-arrived insurance executive, too, before the end of the year.
Here’s the full list of predictions:
- Flight to Better Quality Serviced Apartments to Become More Evident.
- Insurance Companies to Help Fuel Office Space Demand.
- More Engagement Between Hotel Owners and Mid-Tier Foreign Operators.
- Continuous Woes for Residential Condominiums.
- Banks to Design Housing Mortgage with Long Term Loans.
- Stronger Interest for Factory Buildings, Warehouse Facilities.
- New Malls to Revolutionize Yangon’s Retail Experience.
- Competing Visions for Yangon Region will Elicit Confusion.
- Rising Number of Domestic Travellers in Leisure Destinations.
- Foreign Investors Will Take a Fresh Look at Myanmar.
To read the original document from Colliers Myanmar, in PDF format, download it here.
Have questions about 2017 Yangon property market predictions?
Contact us via email at info[at]myanmardealsleasing[dot]com — OR — submit your questions with the form below.
- Shop House and Retail Space in Yangon – 5 Choices to Consider
- 2017 Yangon Property Market Predictions
- Doing Business in Myanmar
- More Offices in Yangon to Open as Govt Unveils New Investment Law
- Immigration Status Matters — Tourist Visas Not Good Enough for Private Dwellings
- 6 Tricks to Find an Apartment in Yangon
- The Queen of Yaw Min Gyi Apartment Hunting
- Hundreds of Condos in Yangon Have Disappeared